Graston Technique uses specially designed stainless steel instruments to detect and treat areas exhibiting scar tissue or chronic inflammation. Dr. Renze uses these instruments with varying shapes to comb over and "catch" on fibrotic tissue, which immediately identifies areas of restriction. Once the tissue has been identified, Dr. Brett Renze uses these instruments to break up scar tissue so the body can absorb it.
This Technique reduces pain and increases range of motion. It also:
- Improves diagnostic treatment -Increases patient satisfaction by achieving notably better outcomes.
- Speeds rehabilitation and recovery.
- Reduces the need for anti-inflammatory medication.
- Allows the patient to continue to engage in everyday activities.
The Graston Technique® has been clinically proven to achieve quicker and better outcomes in treating both acute and chronic conditions, including:
- Achilles Tendinitis/osis (ankle pain)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (wrist pain)
- Cervical Sprain/Strain (neck pain)
- Lateral Epicondylitis/osis (tennis elbow)
- Lumbar Sprain/Strain (back pain)
- Medial Epicondylitis/osis (golfer's elbow)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (knee pain)
- Plantar Fasciitis/osis (foot pain)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis/osis (shoulder pain)
- Scar Tissue
- Shin Splints
- Trigger Finger
- Women’s Health (post-mastectomy and Caesarean scarring)